READY FOR YOUR RETURN
We're delighted and excited to announce that we are officially open. Many measures are in place for your welcome return, details of which can be found below.
A MESSAGE OF REASSURANCE
A word from Rajesh Mukhyan, owner:
Our preparations to welcome you back to The Wilderness from the moment we closed our doors, and we’ve been working to reimagine everything that we offer, making certain that it can be offered to you with exceptional service, but most importantly, safely.
I’m delighted to be able to tell you that we’re ready and open. We still won’t rest though, as we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and any developments in the Himachal government’s guidance. This has continued well past our opening and we promise to do all that we can, assuring you that we will be able to provide you a seamless and secure experience.
I know that you may have questions about what to expect at the hotel, so here's a bit more about what we’re doing…
OUR GUEST PROMISE
We, at The Wilderness , are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We adhere to all the best practices recommended by [F.H.R.A.I] and the W.H.O. We take numerous precautions to ensure a safe stay for our guests and would like to highlight some of them below:
- On guest arrival at the hotel, their luggage will be sanitized and they will also be encouraged to sanitize their hands before proceeding with any of the check-in formalities.
- The body temperature of the guests will also be checked via an infrared thermometer on arrival.
- For our guests perusal, masks and gloves will be available at the Reception.
- All guests will be required to sign an undertaking stating that they, and all members of their party are healthy and will also be required to provide a list of all places they have visited in the past
ESCORT TO THE ROOM
- Keys will be sanitized and can be collected on the own by the guest from the reception
- The bellboy will hand over the luggage to the guest at the door and will not enter the room.
IN THE ROOM
- The rooms would be quarantined for [96 hours] post any checkout. After check-out, all unused amenities will be discarded. Special attention will be given to common touch points like door handles, telephones, furniture.
- The bed and bath linen will be washed in hot water at over 70 degrees Celsius, to effectively sterilize them, and will be stored, where they would remain untouched.
- We will be removing non-necessary amenities from the rooms in order to reduce risk of transmission. However, they will be provided on request.
- Room service menus have been removed from the rooms.However, a set menu would be available in printed form. Anything else that guests may require can be ordered through the room attendant.
IN THE BATHROOM
- All bathroom fixtures, fittings and walls will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every check out using the prescribed chemicals.
- As per the SOP of the government towards hotels we are only permitted for room-service and in room dining.
- There will be a set menu for the day. Electronic menus would be used.
IN THE HOTEL
- Banners, posters and notices are placed in the hotel to let guests know about the areas that have been sanitized. These will also indicate non-operational areas like the dining hall and other common areas.
- These notices will also indicate the precautions guests are required to take for their well-being, for the duration of their stay.
- Records will be maintained pertaining to the occupation and cleaning of the rooms, as well as the staff responsible for the cleaning.
- Our employees will also abide by social distancing guidelines. Their temperature will be checked when they come in to work, and post that, once every three hours. An employee found to be unwell will be taken immediately to the local health-care facility.
- Our teams are regularly being trained on personal hygiene, hand-washing, sanitizing, and respiratory etiquette. They will be briefed on taking precautions to keep themselves and others around them safe in the hotels.
- They are being updated on new directives relayed by the government, and are also being trained to identify guests and/or other employees who may display signs of illness.
- We are regularly modifying our guest service protocols, to abide by the guidelines set by the Government and WHO.
Abiding by the set guidelines, we strive to ensure that our guests and employees emerge unscathed from this pandemic.
- As per the government guidelines, bookings for two nights at a single location or multiple locations is adequate.
- Although we are taking bookings for July and beyond, during these uncertain times we understand that flexibility is important so all new reservations for 2020, including those described as non-refundable and non-transferable, can now be changed up to 96 hours prior to arrival to a date within December. Excludes Christmas, New Year's Eve and any other special event dates.
- 75% refund- If cancellation is done less than 15 days prior to arrival.
- Full refund - If cancellation is done less than 30 days or more prior to arrival.
However, please note these policies will be reviewed regularly and we will continue to work with our guests to have a fair policy as the situation develops, taking into account the Himachal Government guidelines. Please check back here for updates or contact the hotel manager directly